At Crawley Community Church we collect different types of information about our users for the following main reasons:
- To provide a useful resource in the form of an online directory of users.
- To provide an interactive website where email and texting allows us to communicate with the users.
- To provide a content management system whereby we can restrict content to certain groups of users.
We are absolutely committed to protecting your privacy. We can summarise our policy in one sentence: we will not share your information with others without your consent.
We are adhere to the following principles
- We will respect your email privacy. You will only receive email from Crawley Community Church in relation to areas you have expressly signed up for.
- We will not share any individual user details (including your email address) to any third-party without your consent.
- We will protect all data passed between our web servers and your PC, Mobile or other device. This encrypted protection will stop any third-party connected to the internet from gathering personal information.
What information do we collect? We collect information on our users through registration.
General Guidance About Privacy
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet the information you proide can be collected and used by others. For example if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your usernames and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet. There are many ways to reduce the risk and you can find lots of helpful guidence on the BBC’s own site “safety-and-privacy”
Our pages contain links to other websites; we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on other websites.
We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of this Site, such as how often users visit the Site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this Site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this Site, rather than your name or other identifying information.
Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this Site. This cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google, Inc. The information generated by the cookie will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
We use the information received from Google Analytics only to improve services on this Site. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
Please contact us.